We are living in a digital world. We believe in digitalization in every sector. From payment to documentation; we are moving steadily toward digital transformation. Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed to access the benefits of digitalization. It is high time to think about inclusiveness in every sector, especially in documents not only for the physically disabled people but also for the benefit of the business.
For any digital agency, the annual report is one of the most important documents. It is more than just the profit and loss statement of a company. It includes all the important information like finance, performance, and future roadmaps. By the annual report, the stakeholders and investors will understand the health of the company for future investment and related decisions. In case, the information is not accessible to all; then it will not serve its purpose completely. You have to exclude people with disabilities from the decision-making process. Making it accessible to all, not only shows the commitment towards every one of the companies but also serves social responsibility.
Documents you need to make accessible:
It is not only the annual report but also other important documents of the company that should be accessible to all.
- Annual Report
- White Paper
- Proxy Statements
- Case Studies
- ESG Report
- Investor Communication
- Brand Toolkit
- Interactive PDF
When you are making the documents accessible, then you can ensure that all stakeholders, clients, and investors are aware of your company’s health and the latest updates.
Things You Should Keep in Mind:
- The annual reports for any company generally come in PDF format. While designing the PDF, you need to keep the accessibility points in mind from the beginning. When your document is accessible, then you can save the retrofitting cost otherwise you need to take the document accessibility services.
- There are many things in document accessibility other than PDF tagging. Making the PDF file downloadable does not make it accessible. The main problem faced by people with disabilities is accessing the file which is scanned and saved as an image PDF.
Tips To make a PDF accessible:
To make the PDF of the annual report accessible, there are a few things that one should keep in mind. Find below the tips to help you in the mission:
- You can use any authentic tool that will create the tagged PDF. In this way, you will be ensured that the PDF can be read with the help of a screen reader and assistive technologies.
- The font of the PDF should be easy to read and clear
- It is advisable to avoid using graphics or images if possible. In case, you are using it, make sure there are alt tags with every image
- Use easy and short language on the PDF
- The structure of the PDF should be logical and it must be easy to navigate
Why Accessible Minds is Best For Document Accessibility Services?
With the required expertise in PDF/UA and WCAG 2.0 and 2.1, our expert team not only tests the accessibility of the PDF on different tools but also makes sure that every section of the document is thoroughly manually checked for the implementation of tags and content. Moreover, the documents are tested on screen reader tools to assure that it excels in compliance and that people with disabilities can access it easily.